Floating infotainment hub
Similar to a heads-up display on a jet, JVC’s KW-Z1000W digital media receiver uses its impressive 10″ touchscreen display as a big helper on your drive. Its easy-to-read display shows off familiar smartphone interfaces by using wired or wireless Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ — incredibly handy for navigation, music, and podcast apps. Even when you’re simply using the JVC’s display, you can customize it with the look that works best for you. And if you’re planning to integrate factory and add aftermarket cameras, you can connect up to four cameras to this receiver. JVC ups the ante with this receiver’s built-in, multi-user Bluetooth®, high-res music capability, and lots of tweaks to refine (or even redefine) your entire system’s sound.
The KW-Z1000W receiver’s chassis fits in most double-DIN dash openings, and since there’s no disc player, the mounting depth shouldn’t be a major issue for most vehicles. Once you’ve mounted the chassis in your dash opening, you can choose to fix the display’s mount from four vertical mounting positions, as well as two depth positions, to free up other vehicle controls and vents in your ride. Once the screen is fixed into place, you can also manually tilt the display forward and back to compensate for angled dashes and glare.
This receiver provides options to “mirror” your Android™ or iPhone® display directly on the touchscreen display. And by using this JVC’s wireless connection, your smartphone links right up and you’re ready to roll with all the voice-control wonderfulness that Android Auto and Apple CarPlay bring to driving. (Find out more at www.android.com/auto and www.apple.com/ios/carplay.)
And when your phone needs some juice, plug it in, and you’ll still get access to all your navigation, phone calls, weather, text messages, and music through simple controls and voice commands you’re familiar with — all while your battery charges. If you prefer to stay wireless and you have a compatible phone, you can also charge up with a wireless IQ charger
This receiver’s big display makes it easy to find your turn.
Let’s get to the music (and talk, and news, and sports)
Into your high-res music library? The KW-Z1000W will play high-res music files stored on a USB drive. Using Apple CarPlay or Android Auto will open up even more internet-based music, talk radio, and podcast apps for you, as well. If you’re looking for radio stations that won’t fade away, add a Sirius XM tuner to this JVC to enjoy satellite radio’s deep programming from coast to coast. You can stay in tune locally as well with this receiver’s sensitive AM/FM tuner.
Keeping things wireless with Bluetooth
Since yours is probably not the only phone used in your vehicle, the KW-Z1000W enables you to pair two Bluetooth-equipped phones and quickly switch between them for hands-free calling. And when you’re streaming audio, JVC’s Streaming DJ feature lets you pair five phones so everybody can pick their favorite tunes (remember to share). Load up the JVC Remote app on your phone, and passengers can control some basic functions on this receiver wirelessly. This JVC also includes LDAC, which means you can stream high-res sound via Bluetooth with select Android phones.
System expansion and settings to the max
For those who like total control over their sound, JVC included a 13-band equalizer with a built-in digital signal processor. You can also use the built-in time alignment to adjust the timing of sound to your system’s speakers to make sure you’re center stage for all your music. JVC’s K2 technology helps improve the sound of digital music files with lower bit rates. The KW-Z1000W also includes three pairs of 5-volt RCA preamp outputs that provide an ultra-clean signal when you add amplifiers to your system.
iDatalink Maestro lets you keep your factory extras
The KW-Z1000W offers compatibility you won’t find in many other aftermarket radios, thanks to the iDatalink Maestro Module(not included). In a wide selection of vehicles, this module lets you keep factory features that you’d otherwise lose when you install a new radio. You’ll also be able to check out engine performance data and other vehicle info on the JVC’s big screen, even radar info from a compatible detector. Once you’ve identified your vehicle, you’ll see the iDatalink module, and matching harness specific to your vehicle, offered on the way to the Shopping Cart if it’s compatible.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver’s Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone’s Bluetooth capabilities.
You’ll need a wired connection to your parking brake to access settings and other features on this receiver. Your parking brake must be connected and set in order to view video on its screen.
Some states and localities prohibit or restrict the use of video and information displays in vehicles — it is your responsibility to see if any restrictions or prohibitions apply in your area.
- digital multimedia receiver with AM/FM tuner (does not play CDs)
- 10.1″ floating capacitive touchscreen display
- before final installation, depth and height of the display can be adjusted to provide dash vent and control access
- Wi-Fi certified
- Waze-ready with Apple CarPlay or Android Auto
- customizable display background and live wallpaper
- manual tilt angle adjustment for better visibility (-10° – +45°)
- plays high-res FLAC and WAV (up to 24-bit/192 kHz), as well as DSD files on USB drives
- receiver chassis fits double-DIN dash openings
- compatible with Apple CarPlay or Android Auto (wireless or wired)
- wireless and wired mirroring for Android; wired for iPhone
- hands-free calling and audio streaming with dual phone connection
- JVC Streaming DJ feature allows music streaming and control from up to five paired smartphones
- built-in LDAC for high-res wireless audio streaming with select Android phones
- control the stereo using JVC’s free Remote app
- plays USB memory devices
- 13-band equalizer with digital time alignment
- K2 technology improves the digital sound for all music sources
- subwoofer level, phase, and low-pass crossover controls
- compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
- inputs: rear USB input, rear A/V input (mini), rear HDMI input, four camera inputs
- outputs: rear A/V output (mini), 6-channel preamp outputs (5-volt front, rear, subwoofer)
- wired connection to parking brake required to access settings and other features on this receiver (the brake must be connected and set for video display)
- built-in internal amp (22 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
- compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- works with iDataLink Maestro module
- retains factory features in a wide selection of vehicles
- displays engine performance and other vehicle data on touchscreen
- warranty: 2 years